Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Self Love #SelfLoveStories

Hi all,
It has been a while since I have blogged.

I am a little excited at the moment because a person I subscribe to on You Tube is doing her 3rd Self Love September!

Her name is Kelly-Ann Maddox, she is a spiritual counselor with a twist.  I love her work as it has inspired me so much.

As a survivor of Childhood sexual abuse, self love is very hard. Self loathing is instilled at a young age. It is a big battle to change.

When I reached my late 40's I got to a point where I really challenged my parents on what had happened. It was also the first time I really wrote everything down.
Well it was a huge turning point in my healing journey. I had a break down or as I now like to call it a Break through!
I made some major changes in my life for ME!

I broke up with my family as their toxicity and denial of the repercussions were not a very safe place for healing.

I was raised a Christian and became an atheist. I didn't stop there though, I went on an exciting spiritual journey looking at every thing I had been  told to be afraid of. I faced the demons and found they were lies, there was beauty , freedom, self empowerment and self love.

Through this hard journey I have learned that I am worth listening to and that it is important for me to listen to my internal voice. The true beautiful quiet one that speaks when I sit in stillness not the echoes of negative talk that run rampant in my mind.

I got the courage to legally change my birth name and it was so freeing!

I am not saying it is easy and I am by no means finished but what I am saying is that Self Love is a very important part of healing. Learning to love ourselves is the first step!

I went from a person who couldn't stand being alone to someone who loves to spend time with myself.

We need to encourage each other regularly to take this journey, challenge those self loathing thoughts as they are lies!  When they start to get you down, don't tell yourself off but be kind to yourself. Treat yourself as  you would treat a good friend because you are your best friend for life.

Every single person on the planet is here for a reason, we all have a part to play, we all need to love ourselves so that we can in turn love others. It will be a much better place.

If you want to check out Kelly-Ann Maddox click on the link below.

Kelly-Ann Maddox Self Love September

Much Self Love and Light on your journey,
Willow Thomas

2 comments:

Myra King said...

Written from the soul, Willow. Love and many hugs xx

Willow Thomas said...

Thank you Myra! xxx